Life changes you should report

If you signed up for 2018 health insurance coverage through a marketplace site like HealthSherpa or and your income or household changes from what you included in your application, you should report the change as soon as possible.

These changes could affect what you qualify for, as well as the amount of savings you can apply to the cost of your insurance.

Here are the kinds of changes you should report immediately:

Report These Life Changes

  • If your income changes

  • If someone in your household is offered job-based coverage, even if they don’t enroll

  • If someone in your household gets covered through a program like Medicaid, CHIP, or Medicare

  • If someone in your household loses coverage because they lost a job or no longer qualify for a program like Medicaid or CHIP

  • If you get pregnant, have a baby, or adopt a child

  • If you place a child for adoption or foster care

  • If you get married or divorced

  • If a child in your household turns 26

  • If you gain or lose a dependent through death, marriage, or some other way

  • If you move within your state (if you move to a new state, you should file an application for a SEP enrollment)

  • If you have a change in your disability, tax filing, citizenship, or immigration status

  • If you become incarcerated or are released from incarceration

  • If you need to correct your name, date of birth, Social Security Number, or status as an American Indian/Alaska Native or tribal member

You should report these changes as quickly as you can by logging into your account or calling HealthSherpa at (855) 772-2663.